Sunday, March 28, 2010

Japan Immersion


I always start my Saturday mornings with a dose of Jap class..but this week's Sat is abit of an overdose ;)

I signed up for a DIY Travel Seminar recently as a part of the JNTO's activity. I thought it will be scary as I went alone. But, in fact, I enjoyed myself to the fullest(if only I win that pair of return air tix to Osaka!)...sigh...my draw number is just one digit different from the winning number..
-_- The seminar includes the newly published DIY Japan Guide Book. I must say it has a comprehensive load of information that can help any travellers in their planning. What's more are entertaining talks from people who did their DIY Japan Trip and shared their experiences and tips for the audience. In addition, the lucky draw kept everyone excited...including me who almost went heart-stopped when the speaker read out the numbers..oh well..no fate till nex time perhaps haha!


The DIY Japan Travel Guide

The Goodie Goodie Bag

Goodie bag was given to each participant and i think it consisted of a great deal of stuff! The usual complaints about expensive and language difficulties when travelling to Japan are some concerns for travellers who are going there for the 1st time. But I reckon the experience to be there witnessing the culture, festivals, food and attractions are a must in a life-time..esp for Jap geeks like me..haha..great day spent indeed..and i got to talk to someone whom I never tot of talking to during the seminar...

This is followed by a sumptious ramen meal at Marutama Ramen.went to print out the photos for my entry submission. 1st time join, 1st time experience, regardless the results, this competition has trained me in being focus to take pics of various themes ;)


No comments: