Sunday, July 5, 2009

SR 2009

Went back to company on Sat after Jap class..not to work...haha..but to embark our journey on Southern Ridges for the 1st time..with my camera~~a few scenic spots along the way..quite a great feeling though the sun was unbearably STUNNIng to us and at some moments I tot i will get a heatstroke or something..haha

Kent Ridge Park
Doesnt Look like Singapore at all!
I came here a few times in the past with colleagues during our running sessions..but hadnt a camera with me to take pics of this astonishgly beautiful view..it's even better during sunset time..

At the Canopy WalkThe directions to Canopy Walk brought us to the Reflections of Bukit Chandu. We thought that the road down will bring us to Hortpark but it didnt..it lead us to 2 carparks and we didnt caught sight of Hortpark..was feeling lost until we saw a staircase in the wild..and luckily..Hortpark appears!

Many glasshouses..kinda envy these flowers in the cool environment they are residing in..in the vicnity of the glasshouses, also saw interesting pots of plants..and "Creatures" like Scarecrow in the garden..not to mention I saw many teenagers..each with a dSLR..the lens they have are plenty and looking very expensive kind..I think teenagers nowadays are how rich..

I came across 5 groups of them..snapping shots and practising their photography skills..haha..felt inferior when I was like snapping away with my point-and-shoot camera..but sumone told me the most important factor is the composition in the picture..haha..not how expensive yr cammie is..hmmm..but still..should I invest in the One??
*Tempted*



The Alexander Arch..LED Lights up at 7pm in varying colors..should be a cool sight to catch!

Forest Walk?
And finally reaching Henderson Waves...En route to Jewel BoxDidnt take the cable cars as we thought the view received from the walk was more satisfying..

And finally..in 2.5h..we completed SR~an achievement indeed in the totemo atsui weather..nothing beats with a sumptuous meal at the last stop @ Vivocity..

Tried the Mango Chicken @ White Dog's cafe..a pretty interesting blend of the sweetness of mango with the crispy feel of the chicken..~Enjoyable Saturday spent~

No comments: