あけましておめでとうございます!
Happy Chinese New Year to all and Happy Holidays to those who arent Chinese!
The CNY Break was challenging!
I took a day off on last friday for a photoshoot and fortunately captured some interesting shots of people last minute preparing for the CNY in Chinatown and the Floating Platform @ Esplanade. Photos can be viewed at my flickr.
Den comes Saturday when we all packed up to go Uncle's House for the reunion dinner. It is the 1st time I see my youngest cousin, aged 4 months old..Kylie!..hajimemashite!
i couldnt stop taking fotos of her once i saw her...she's just so cute..and also to test out the 35mm and 60mm macro lens which Ive rented, these lens just come in handy for the occasions! it kinda shocked me when my "considerate" sister tells me I am 24years older than Kylie -_- yeah yeah...time flies..
And so, we have eleven cousins in total and I can see my granny is very very happy!
reunion dinner comes with loads of fresh seafood and goodies..oh so full...we didnt have much "mind/luck-boggling activities" this time round which was a pity..I mostly spent my time snapping away..munching on the goodies..watching tv..and just have a gd rest...
went out on chu san to the national museum..why?....cuz wanna try out the 35mm lens in taking some museum pieces pics..wanna go to the Quest for Immortality Exhibition and realised the queue requires 2h!.. cuz tat day all exhibitions in the museum are FOC. usual price is 15bucks..free for students with valid student pass..sigh..end up we went to other galleries to take pics..had much fun too! and mus say 35mm lens reallie wow me with its ability to take shots at very low light...just that i still have the tendency trying to turn it as if is a zoom lens -_-
as for 60mm lens macro..not reallie too pleased with it... it takes darn long to autofocus..even when manual focus..the effect isnt too fantastic as i want it to be..being a macro lens..it is super sensitive to handshakes..and so blur easily..90% of my time was with 35mm lens..and 10% with 60mm lens..i reckon i will buy the 35mm lens in near time!
woke up today with a red eye..possibly due to leaving the contact lens in my eyes overnight as i dozed off after watching drama...ok..have to ganbate again when tmr starts...hope there will be surprises..good fortune..and great days in the year of Tiger!Roars~


2 comments:
I like your chinatown shots. I also like the hamster photos.
Your baby cousin really looked like a doll after she donned the curly hair hat.
hey hey..thanks!
yaya...there were times when i have to relook at those pics to make sure Im seeing a real baby..not a doll hahaha
Post a Comment