well..if you discount this day away from the previous week..today is indeed a breather for me..
1st month of 2011 has passed!...to my shock..it has been a month..every wk seem to pass so quickly, alongside with minimal time for wkends to spend that I yearn for 48h/day. However, I must say I feel more at pace this month than the previous months we had during the core curriculum..thank god no more IRA/GRA anymore..
this month has a few happenings and some plans made ahead for the year!
1. I have planned for my next holiday....ya..that's me..always not ready to stay stagnant in singapore..this time..to a crazy place where I didnt imagine myself going to..is not even my travel dreamlist..if not for my fren who managed successfully in psycho-ing me to go hahaha..as those who know me, should have heard me complain before that living in the west part of singapore is like staying in india..there were times that I'm disgusted,terrified..even walking back to my house is dangerous at night IMO..and yet..this holiday I;m going to Mumbai to experience the mad rush there.. with a weak stomach(gastric pain problems and sensitive stomach), I already have food digestion problems in singapore..i hope it doesnt worsen when i go over to mumbai.. am i too paranoid? well..sort of..somewhat scared but sumwhat curious and wanna know more of this place..this is like an immersion trip to me..probably gave me more awareness and enlightenment, and hopefully less prejudice to those who have left their homes and come to sg to work..i need to bring charcoal pills, gastric pills, hand santizers bla bla bla...
2. Dear suggested us not going for a long trip this year as we exploded our travel budget last year! hahaha...well...so this year July...he planned to take me to Nikoi Island. It's very foreign to me, I think to most pple too..it's just a boat trip away from Bintan Island with fantastic scenery..I'm really looking forward to this retreat, though is very far away haha!

(Pic taken from Nikoi website)
3. CNY Eve is tmr! whee..i have rented the SB700 flash and 50mm portrait lens to get some good shots of my little cousins, family and friends over the CNY Break to comE!..decide to pick up flash photography after so long..cuz i always feel it's a miss not to make use of d90 to get some good pple shots..due to uneven lightings at times.. i always find the flash unit intimidating..it looks very chim with those TTL settings..with the CNY break, I thought why not borrow one flash unit and learn as I go along while taking pics of my family and friends..one stone kill 2 birds..yea!
4. Work has piled up and reduced like rollercoaster..now there's a direction to go..and everyone in the lab is hoping for the best!...i prefer this feeling than in my previous lab whcih I was..more motivated and appreciated to do lab stuff and expts..hope this will be maintained forever!
5.Weather in Sg has been erratic..just like the last weekend..it was raining almost to 48h non-stop in this so called sunny island..I feel like I'm in Ireland for the past few days..sunny..den rainy..den thunderstorms...and cold esp at night..hope the weather will be more stabilised in the next few days so that I can plan when to get out and take some nature shots!
Happy CNY to all and eat more CNY goodies, enjoy fun and laughter with family and friends!!

No comments:
Post a Comment