Tuesday, August 4, 2009

shame

We were waiting for the MRT yesterday evening en route back home.
As usual, it was the rush hour so each train was fully packed.
When we boarded the MRT, it was extremely squeezy. I was standing near to the doors and saw that there were 2 Japanese ladies talking.
When the train reached Clementi station,these 2 Japanese ladies walked out of the train to a considerable distance to let passengers from behind to alight. Then, people waiting at the platform upon seeing people leave the train, rushed into the MRT as if that was the last train they ever going to see in their lives.. The 2 Japanese ladies wanted to re-enter the train and could only do so when there was meagre space left for them to squeeze in.And when they entered, people behind them practically "pushed" them so close to the door like sandwich.

We were rather astonished to see this sight. It goes to show what courtesy is all about in Singapore. I guess we should just go Japan to learn what ettiquette and courtesy is all about. So much so for reserved seats..fines against eating/drinking etc..I think all these "laws" should be practised since young..not to be enforced..if everything has to be forced, then there's no meaning at all..sighhhzz..

I kinda detest the rush hour recently as so many sights can be seen just on a single train journey..

No comments: