Sunday, December 6, 2009

Review on Nikon 105mm f2.8 Macro VR

As you may have guessed, I went to rent this macro lens to see if I'm into macro photography..and to my surprise..I wasnt..hahahah

Weather aint good and I only manage to take mainly food pics with it..
I guess it will be suitable for those into nature photography where you wanna take pics of butterflies, insects, leaves, flowers etc..however if you wanna take food, and when you dun wanna fret that the food is placed too close to you and you have to like shift yr seat far away so that you get your food in frame..I reckon a 60mm macro will be good enough just that it doesnt have the VR function, which may lead to some camera shake if u aint steady.105mm macro has the VR function but the working distance between what you see in your viewfinder and the subject has to be a certain distance before you capture the subject.
105 x 1.5 = 157.5mm

With autofocus, it takes some time to focus on what you want it to focus...so usually I play with manual focus. I find it slightly heavier than my Nikon AFS 18-105mm VR lens.

But still, I had fun taking some snapshots after my JLPT4..finally over..thank goodness though is quite tricky..also had my maiden visit to SMU for an exam and I must say is very comfy with new facilities..








The above set of Shinchan figurines is bought by Dear from China..arigato! =)
And this set of Shinchan is bought by KW in HK!Arigato!!
Camera Rental Centre

I think the service of this centre quite good and chop chop..you get your lens..take 1 day before..return 1 day after.. I'm going to rent a wide angle next weekend..
still prefer to take wide angle pics and landscape pics
hopefully can get some great shots

For more pics taken with this macro lens, please visit
Flickr_yagizashin

2 comments:

Les Pommes said...

I went to Flickr.

Some of the angles were taken very nicely and in another perspective. I like it.

I hope you will take up the next level of challenge to shoot emotions. The human facial expression should be a good topic to explore.

Go for it! You have the potential.

yagizaneo said...

haha..but I dont have a feel for human expression..maybe Im just shy to approach strangers to take pics of them hehe..i prefer to take non-living stuff..

I did have the opportunity to take some portrait pics of your good fren. u ask her permission den I let you see the series hahaha...

if u wanna be my model for portrait taking, call me too! =)

tks for your encouragement!